Wednesday, October 10, 2007

ALLEZ LES BLACKS!!

Another Saturday has passed in France. Another painful two hours of football (*rolling my eyes) and another crotch-grabbing match of rugby. Another 24 hours of understanding a quarter of the conversations and adding to even less.

SoCo and I spent Saturday night at his buddy's home in the countryside of Saint Etienne. First SoCo and SySy stared at the TV for two hours as Saint Etienne's football team challenged Marseilles. Oh, god, it was so boring. It was difficult to refrain from scratching 'save me' into my arm. Then, we watched France's unexpected and rather annoying win against New Zealand. I still don't understand how they beat All Blacks. France played ridiculously shoddily in the past three games. What a bunch of crafty Frenchies! I'm still grinding my teeth at the thought that All Blacks won't be playing this Saturday, but I have to admit that les Bleus (France) cleverly clawed their way to the semi-finals against les blacks (New Zealand.) Playing like crap in the premier games took a lot of attention away from them. They were the underdogs. Everyone thought that they sucked, and they did – until, that is, they were in a game that really matters, which so happened to be against the team with the most hype and who has won games with huge score differences. I lost 5 euros because of that loss, dammit!

Mais, c'est comme ça.

This Saturday: ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!

I've been told that I cannot cheer for England just because they speak English, nor can I cheer for England while in France.

OR

I will not be allowed back in the house if I disobey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been ordered by my husband that I have to watch this match this Sat, even though we're not even in the same country right now.

Anonymous said...

Funny men..