Thursday, October 25, 2007

Screwed (and not lauging)

To answer my last blog post question -- which I temporarily took down because I had a paranoia moment in which I thought that I shouldn't be telling the whole world that I will soon be in France illegally -- there is a whole lot to fret about. I decided to re-post my horrible disregard for serious situation's today because I'm already screwed so what does it matter if everyone knows about.

I really shouldn't have been so flippant in my last post. It's karma. Earth is screwing with me because I jokingly forecasted a dire future for myself and wrote all kinds of fun things about alcohol, cigarettes and sex.

Honestly, I wasn't too worried in my last post because I have -- HAD an open flight paper ticket to get back home at the end of my three-month journey here, which is creeping up on me. Yes, had.

When I wrote the previous post, I was warned by a friend of mine that my time is running out and I should leave soon, so I freaked out a bit because I wasn't sure if the date had passed, wrote a fun "what if" post after reading horror stories online, and began packing and gathering my documents that have been camping out on Soco's desk. I searched calmly for the paper ticket that should have been with my ticket to France. I searched, I searched and I searched. Oh, yes, time to freak the fuck out!! All I could find was the empty envelope that I used to carry my plane tickets to France. What the hell! I sat down and tried to relive the past three months and pinpoint exactly where I may have put the tickets. Uh, oh...I vaguely remember doing a major clean up of the desk and throwing a bunch of useless papers. Royally screwed.

As I sit here writing this blog, I'm picturing a crisp plane ticket worth a thousand dollars lying somewhere in a dump or wherever trash goes to in France. I'm sitting here, knowing that I will have to pay for my stupidity when I leave the country. I'm sitting here, trying to figure out if I can afford another ticket to the island in the pacific in the next three days to avoid breaking the law. I'm sitting here, and I want to cry all over again.

I've tried to contact the U.S embassy in Paris with no luck. Tonight I'm going to purchase the cheapest and earliest flight home I can find, which will probably have me overstaying my welcome. All I can do right now is hope for the best and enjoy my last days in Europe because I probably won't be back for about 7 years or so.

Today's lesson: Karma is a bitch.

0 comments: