Monday, October 15, 2007

Party French Style

This past weekend was exhausting! We went to a friends place to watch the England France Rugby match. Sadly, France will not be in the final match of the Coupe du Monde. It was disheartening to watch England score a try in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Although the French got their tushes whipped in rugby, the party didn't stop. After the game and several aperitifs, we munched on quiche and salmon sushi that I directed Mr. Bit Bit in making. I think that he's got the hang of rolling the sushi, but he's having a hard time with the preparation. Oh, we also made chicken brochettes that were delicious. I think an Oriental/Polynesian/French restaurant is in the making. I still have to teach him how to make Sapa Sui, a samoan dish that he adores and is pretty simple to make. It's a mixture of vermicelles, veggies and a secret sauce! More to come about that later.

Hmm...Where was I? Mr. Bit Bit turned down the lights, turned up the music and then, we commenced the guzzling of (in chronological order): tequila/orange soda shooters, gin/orange soda shooters. Somehow during the night, we started playing rugby in living room. The couch acted as the "try" location where myself and the other two women there got crushed into several times. I have two round bruises on my left arm and carpet burn on my elbow to prove it.

Everything about Saturday night is a bit blurry, but I do remember hours of random dancing. I love the way Frenchmen dance. They have absolutely no rhythm!! At all! But, it's the most fun because you can do anything that your heart desires. Jump on one foot, it's dancing. Scream and wave your arms around like a lunatic, it's dancing. Reach over the table for sushi, it's dancing.

We also dosey-doed. I don't know how that all started. I bet it was my idea. It didn't really work with five, extremely drunk people. We kept ramming into each other and grabbing onto anyone available. Finally, we hit the sack at 5 am.

9 am: Wake up. Brush teeth. Say "ciao et merci" to Mr. and Mrs. BitBit.
10 am: Get some much needed water and a quiche jambon from the boulangerie.
10:30 am: Jump in the car for the hour-and-a-half drive to Roanne to have lunch with SoCo's parents.
11:30 am: Try to cover up the face of death with loads of liquid foundation before arriving to the house.
12:30 pm: Try not to fall asleep while eating the yummy potatoes and pork SoCo's mom made.
2:00 pm: Get cozy and comfy in SoCo's old bed while he heads off to play soccer.
2:01 pm: Pass out and don't wake up until 5 pm. Oh, the joy!

9 pm: Vow never to drink tequila again while I stuff the following into my mouth: salmon and spinach quiche, two slices of leftover kebab pizza, 2 eggs sunny side up, 1 bowl of salad (gotta eat healthy, ya know), and 1 litre of grape juice.

0 comments: