Monday, October 22, 2007

Nicky Larson is my Lover

At least twice a week, I have to sit through two back-to-back episodes of Nicky Larson, the handsome, strong manga cartoon, who saves the lives of the female manga population while continually trying to get laid, because SoCo can't get enough of his lover Nicky Larson.

I don't mind it that much. It's funny -- when I can catch one or two of the French phrases. Nicky's friend, girlfriend, partner, I don't know what she is to him -- she flattens him with a gigantic hammer each time she catches him flirting with someone, in a compromising situation (naked in bed, hands on boobs, etc.), or drooling after a young woman.

My infantile boyfriend MUST watch it when he returns from work or his lips start quivering and the puppy dog eyes come into play. So, I deal with it.

Nicky Larson is his hero. Each time after the show ends, he flexes his non-existent muscles and boasts, "Je suis comme Nicky Larson. Je suis beau, fort et intelligent." ("I'm like Nicky Larson. I'm handsome, strong and intelligent.")

Riiiggghht...whatever you say, honey.

This past weekend I started messing around with a face transformer software that I found online. This site is awesome! Take any photo of yourself and turn it into a baby, child, teenager, old adult, Caucasian, Afro-Caribbean, east Asian, west Asian, male, or female. You can even see yourself as the muse for Botticelli, Modigliani, or Mucha.

And, if you are like my boy and fantasize daily about becoming a manga, you can even do that! When I transformed SoCo's photo, the first thing he said with a huge smile on his face was: "Wow, I look like Nicky Larson!! I told you."

So, there you go! Teema and SoCo as manga cartoons. Hope you likey.

Old Age Around the Corner
SoCo(a.k.a Nicky Larson) also thinks that he looks rather fabulous as un vieux (old man). After transforming my photo into une vieille (old woman), he slightly cringed, than quickly recovered, hoping that I didn't notice as he declared sweetly, "You'll still be ma cherie even if you look like that."

Thanks. Really. That just warms my heart.

0 comments: