Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sabotage

I try. I try so hard to keep my emotions tamed.

The day before yesterday I was happy, bouncing around, initiating a quickie during lunch – yeah, that was fun. *sigh*

Yesterday, I was annoyed. The sight of SoCo made my skin crawl.

I could feel my hands begin to tremble as he walked toward me where I was sitting in front of the laptop that was placed on the sea blue glass table. I had to clench my right hand tightly to calm myself. His voice sent waves of hatred throughout my body.

I had to get out of there. Teema was going to snap.

My answers to his questions were curt. I thought he would get the hint. I want to be left alone. I'll cook dinner. Just leave me alone for a moment. Don't stand behind me while I'm on the computer and ask me what I'm doing when you can obviously see what is open in the window.

I had to get out of there. Despicable remarks slithered up my throat. Hold them back. You'll sabotage your own relationship.

I grabbed my jacket and my purse. I snuck out the door.

Click. The door creaked opened as I descended the second flight of stairs.

Run. Run.

0 comments: